Stipends and Scholarships
U of MN LCTL Teacher Scholarship
CARLA offers current LCTL instructors at the University of Minnesota a special scholarship to
attend one of the CARLA summer institutes. Teachers will be required to
pay a non-refundable $25 commitment fee, but the balance of the
institute cost will be paid by CARLA–a value of $325!
A limited number of scholarships will be awarded to current U of MN LCTL faculty and staff on a first-come, first-served basis until April 3, 2015. Each LCTL teacher may apply for only one scholarship and only University of Minnesota instructors may apply.
To apply for a CARLA summer institute LCTL scholarship:
- Fill out the U of MN the LCTL Teacher Scholarship Request Form. You will need to sign in using your U of MN user ID.
- CARLA will review your request. If you meet the selection criteria, CARLA will send you a registration code to activate your scholarship within 3-5 business days of submission.
- Register online for the institute using the special code. You will be required to pay a non-refundable $25 commitment fee at the time of registration.
Don't delay! Some of the CARLA summer institutes fill up quickly.
4th Annual CARLA/MDE Collaboration for Minnesota Teacher Professional Development
Deadline: April 30, 2015
MDE (Minnesota Department of Education) and CARLA are again collaborating to offer free attendance to five MN teachers to attend a CARLA summer institute. K-12 World language and ESL teachers who are currently teaching in Minnesota are eligible to apply.*
The full line-up of institutes can be found on the CARLA summer institute website.
- Download and fill out the Application Form (doc).
- Email completed application form to Ursula Lentz at MDE: firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be notified of your application status by May 15, 2015.
- Questions about the application process? Contact Ursula Lentz at MDE.
- Questions about the CARLA summer institute program? Contact the CARLA office.
*Please note: not all institutes are appropriate for ESL or immersion teachers. Please read the description of the institutes carefully.